- PIHW 10 LGBT-Inclusion Tasks while Social Distancing
- PIHW Supporting LGBTQ staff as they Work from Home
- Department of Health Covid-19 Infection Control Training – 30-minute training session
- ACON”s Covid-19 Infomation Clearing House – many resources including:
- ACON’s advice on Casual Sex and Social Distancing
- ACON’s advice on Coronavirus for LGBTIQ Communities and People Living with HIV
- ACON’s advice for Trans and Gender Diverse people
- ACON’s advice for Beating Stress and Anxiety during Covid-19
- ACON’s advice and Support for Problematic Alcohol and Other Drug Usage (various resources from Pivot Point)
- ACON’s Online forum Video “Covid-19 and our Communities” hosted by Maeve Marsden
- Dept. of Health Management Plan for People Living with a Disability
- Dept. of Health Management Plan for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- Advice for those who practice Chest Binding (images below)
- La Trobe Univerity: COVID-19: Impacts for LGBTIQ communities and Implications for services
- Equality Australia’s report – LGBTIQ+ Communities and COVID-19.
- Blackdog’s report on Mental Health Ramifications and COVID-19
- Department of Health Covid-19 Preparedness for Home and Community Aged Care video
- Supporting Children during Covid-19
- SBS – Corona Virus information translated into 63 languages
- Tina Dixon’s COVID-19 Resources for Asylum Seekers or Refugees
- Free financial counseling for anyone – ndh.org.au/Talk-to-a-financial-counsellor/Find-a-financial-counsellor/
- Indigenous Health – Gayaa Dhuwi (Proud Spirit) Australia: Coronavirus Page
- Rights in the time of COVID-19 – Lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response (infographic) UNAIDS
Keep up to date with the latest information from Australia.gov.au
Other Support Services:
- Qlife 1800 184 527 (3pm–midnight AEST)
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
- Suicide Line 1300 651 251
- ACON 1800 063 060
- Twenty 10 Metro (02) 8594 9555 ; Regional 1800 65 2010
- Thorne Harbour Health 1800 134 840
- Switchboard (03) 9663 6733
The Welcome Here Project
Businesses and organisations are being encouraged to demonstrate their support for the LGBT community and to foster inclusive environments by getting involved in The Welcome Here Project.
Spearheaded by ACON, NSW’s leading LGBT health organisation, The Welcome Here Project aims to support local business owners and organisations to create and promote environments that are visibly welcoming and inclusive of LGBT people. It is a relaunch of the popular Safe Place Project, which was set up in 1992 in response to high levels of street-based violence directed at members of LGBT communities. While incidences of street-based violence has reduced since the beginning of the project, LGBTQ people continue to experience violence at higher rates than the general community and there has been a disturbing trend of increased public violence against trans and gender diverse people.
Furthermore, studies show increased reporting of verbal abuse and discrimination by LGBTQ people. As a refresh of the Safe Space program, the Welcome Here Project has been updated to adapt to the changing face of LGBT violence, as well as to support local business owners and organisations in celebrating diversity and inclusion.
ACON Pride Training
ACON’s Pride Training has a variety of training options available to organisations from eLearning to customised face to face sessions and webinars.
We provide courses, information and services to assist health and community organisations to increase their knowledge of LGBT communities, their experiences living in Australia, and guidance on inclusive practices.
PIHW members receive a 10% discount when they sign up for additional training through Pride Training.
For more infomation visit their website: